Well, summer is always around the corner, at least in Greece. One of the best things you can do with those beautiful lemons we get, is refreshing and healthy lemonade, a soft drink for all times, avoiding the over-sugared canned ones.
Our favorite taste in a quick & easy recipe.
1,5lt lemon juice
1/2 kg sugar
- Place the ingredients in a pan, stir & heat them. Bring to the boil until the sugar has completely dissolved. Stir from time to time, to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool
- That’s it. Easy! You just made concentrated lemonade
- You can store it in bottles, in the fridge.
To enjoy it, dilute 1 part of concentrated lemonade in 4 parts of water (adjust according to your taste). You can add some ice-cubes and some sprigs or leaves of fresh spearmint for ultimate refreshment! You can also make a jug of it to share with your guests.
- You can store the concentrated lemonade in an ice-cube tray in your freezer, to have ready-made portions at your fingertips any time. Whenever you feel like it, just take out a couple of those lemony ice-cubes, dilute put them in a glass of water, and there you have it. Instant, home-made lemonade!
- You can dilute the lemony ice-cubes in sparkling mineral water, instead of water, to make your own fizzy soft drink any time!!! Really amazing!!!
- You can also add it in cocktails for a cool aperitif, or evening drink.